Contact a Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney

Contact Us

In order to help you more quickly, please fill out the quick form and submit.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
+ Announcement: Morris & Widman, P.A. are now Of Councel with Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A.  -  Please click HERE for more information.

Florida Law Firm Can Help You With BP Oil Spill Claims

Recovering damages caused by the BP Oil Spill

The BP Oil Spill occurred on April 20, 2010. The oil rig Deep Horizon malfunctioned, resulting in an explosion that killed 11 workers and a blowout that released millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf Coast waters. British Petroleum (BP) owned the Deep Horizon oil rig operation, but other companies were also involved, including Transocean and Halliburton, companies with contracts to do the drilling. The government entity responsible for overseeing safety regulations is a division of the U.S. Department of the Interior, Minerals Management Service (MMS). If you are an individual or a business that suffered damages as a result of the BP oil spill, consult Morris & Widman about filing a claim.

What is the GCCF?

The Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) was a court-supervised settlement program that began handling Gulf oil spill damage claims on June 4, 2012. While this phase of the claims process is now closed, a new settlement program is underway, called the Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damages Settlement. This program offers claimants the option of structured settlements. A wide scope of claimants can file claims for economic losses and property damages under various categories, such as individual losses, business economic losses, seafood compensation, wetlands real property damage and coastal property damage ??? to name a few. Visit our BP Oil Spill FAQs page

Types of damages resulting from the oil spill

Many different types of damages arose out of the BP oil spill and many people have filed claims. To give an idea, here some examples of damages that have given rise to claims:

How we can help

If the GCCF denied your claim or if you are unhappy with a claim settlement, Morris & Widman can help you re-file a claim to obtain a better outcome. We can review your situation and damages, answer your questions and discuss the prospects of pursuing a claim if you have not yet filed one. Call Morris & Widman at 941.552.4616 or contact us online to arrange a consultation.